Friday, March 7, 2014

I'm Leaving You

The difficulty of a nomadic lifestyle, is that nothing moves with me. I leave and the world spins, as it has always spun. The seasons change, people change, and though I am returning to the same place each time, nothing is exactly as it was.

I do not mind.

In fact, that is what I love most. Each trip presents a new opportunity for change, for improvement, for a chance to break from the mold that I have put us both in. I come back to you, hoping that we both have changed for the better.

But it's times like this, this exact moment, I wish you would stand still with me. Not moving, not changing, just appreciating this brief moment of existence we have together. It's times like this that I wish we weren't moving in different directions, growing, changing, and drifting apart. It's nights like tonight, that I wish I could forget that this all won't last.



No comments:

Post a Comment